At Cornerstone dental, we provide an array of quality treatment options. In addition to checkups, cleanings, and teeth whitening, we can repair and even replace missing or damaged teeth. In today’s blog, your Urbandale dentist, Dr. Ryan Hussong, uses a fun quiz to discuss the ways our dental techniques can improve the health and appearance of your smile.
Dental Care Quiz
1. True False: Root canal therapy restores infected or abscessed teeth.
2. True False: Porcelain veneers provide instant smile rejuvenation.
3. True False: Dr. Hussong replaces missing teeth with innovative dental implants.
4. True False: Cornerstone Dental offers treatment for TMJ disorder.
1. True. When a tooth becomes infected, patients may experience chronic toothaches or pain when biting down or chewing. Without treatment, an infection may kill the tooth, requiring extraction. With a root canal, Dr. Hussong removes the infected tissue and restores the tooth using an esthetically pleasing dental crown.
2. True. Veneers are thin shells of dental porcelain. Strong and lifelike, porcelain veneers are placed onto the surface of the front teeth. Veneers allow Dr. Hussong to correct the appearance of misalignment, cover permanent teeth stains, repair cracked, chipped, or worn down teeth, and close gaps between teeth,
3. True. Dental implants are inserted directly into the jawbone, where they bond with bone tissue. As a result, your implants can provide decades of natural looking smile restoration. Implants can replace a single tooth or be used to secure a full or partial set of dentures.
4. True. TMJ disorder occurs when excessive strain is placed on the jaw joint. Patients with TMJ disorder report a number of painful symptoms, including headaches, jaw pain, and tinnitus. Using an oral appliance similar to a night guard, Dr. Hussong can treat the common causes of jaw strain and reduce the symptoms of TMJ disorder.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Urbandale Dentist
Interested in improving the health and beauty of your smile? Then make an appointment with your Urbandale dentist today. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hussong by calling our 50226 dentist office at (515) 984-6001. At Cornerstone Dental, we proudly welcomes families from Des Moines, Polk City, Ames, Ankeny, Alleman, Bondurant, Grimes, Johnston, and the surrounding communities.