Straight teeth are healthier, more attractive, and easier to clean than misaligned teeth. Dr. Hussong offers two orthodontic restorative options to realign your smile in Polk City. Both treatments—ClearCorrect and Six Month Smiles—have benefits over traditional metal braces. Take this assessment to determine which type of braces will be best for you.
1. How do you want your treatment to look?
- Invisible: ClearCorrect uses clear, acrylic aligners to straighten your teeth. Your custom aligners will be fitted for your mouth and placed over your teeth. There are no wires or brackets—and therefore no impact on your appearance.
- Nearly invisible: Six Month Smiles uses Lucid-Lok clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, so your treatment will be virtually invisible.
2. How long do you want your treatment to last?
- Less than two years: ClearCorrect requires you to wear each aligner for two weeks, then switch to the next appliance in the series. The whole treatment will adjust your teeth into position in less time than traditional braces. You will also only need to visit Dr. Hussong periodically to check for adjustments and effectiveness.
- Less than one year: Six Month Smiles takes an average of six months to straighten teeth. Patient Tray Kits will also make your checkup adjustment appointments shorter and more comfortable.
3. How do you want your treatment to feel?
- Metal-free and wireless: ClearCorrect doesn’t use wires, bands, springs, brackets, or any traditional orthodontic methods. This means you don’t have to worry about breaking, poking, pulling, or irritating. ClearCorrect is custom-fitted, non-invasive, and removable to maximize your comfort and convenience.
- Low force: Although Six Month Smiles uses wires and brackets, you won’t need bands or springs that hinder your comfort. In addition, the treatment uses low forces to adjust your teeth, increasing your comfort.
4. What misalignments do you need to correct?
- Major misalignments: ClearCorrect can be used to fix teeth that are spaced, crowded, or crooked. It can also help adjust overbites and underbites.
- Minor misalignments: Dr. Hussong recommends Six Month Smiles for patients who have previously worn braces or need a quick treatment for minor tooth movement. If you have minor tooth misalignments, you may also be a candidate for porcelain veneers or cosmetic bonding to hide your imperfections.
At your consultation with Dr. Hussong, your Polk City dentist will evaluate your mouth and recommend the cosmetic or restorative treatment that will work best to straighten your smile. Contact Cornerstone Dental at (515) 984-6001 to request an alignment consultation with Dr. Hussong. We welcome patients from Polk City, Ames, Ankeny, Alleman, Bondurant, Grimes, Johnston, and surrounding areas.