According to the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic procedure. Dr. Ryan Hussong understands that you want a brighter smile, so he offers three whitening systems to help improve your smile. Take this quiz to see if you know the difference between Kör Deep Bleaching, in-office whitening, and home whitening. Keep in mind that Dr. Hussong will recommend the treatment that’s best for you.
1. How long does in-office whitening usually take?
A. One hour
B. Three hours
C. Two appointments
2. How long does home whitening usually take?
A. Two to four hours
B. Two to four weeks
C. Two to four months
3. Where does Kör Deep Bleaching take place?
A. In a special dental lab
B. At home only
C. In office and at home
4. What item does in-office whitening use to brighten your teeth?
A. Curing light
B. Mouth trays
C. Whitening wand
5. True or False? Once your teeth have been professionally whitened, they can no longer be stained.
1. A. In-office, chairside whitening can lighten your teeth up to ten shades in just one hour.
2. B. At-home whitening can take about two to four weeks to completely brighten your smile. Dr. Hussong will create a custom treatment plan for you, but most patients are encouraged to wear their home whitening trays for an hour each night.
3. C. Kör Deep Bleaching combines in-office and at-home whitening. You will wear mouth trays at home and visit Dr. Hussong periodically for professional in-office bleaching. This system is recommended for patients who haven’t responded well to other whitening treatments.
4. A. During in-office bleaching, Dr. Hussong will apply a bleaching agent to your teeth and activate it with a curing light. The gel will soak into your teeth to dissolve stains and brighten the shade of your enamel.
5. False. Professional whitening can last for years, but it’s not completely resistant to stains. If your teeth discolor after professional treatment, visit our office for a touch-up.
If your teeth don’t respond well to teeth whitening, Dr. Hussong may recommend porcelain veneers or composite bonding to hide your discolorations. Visit Dr. Hussong to discuss which treatment can give you the bright smile you desire. Contact Cornerstone Dental at (515) 984-6001 to schedule a consultation. We welcome patients from Polk City, Ames, Ankeny, Alleman, Bondurant, Grimes, Johnston, and surrounding areas.