Achieve A Straight Smile
Do you feel unhappy with the appearance of your smile because of misalignment? If so, you should talk to Dr. Hussong about our clear braces options at Cornerstone Dental. By choosing orthodontics to correct misalignment, you can achieve the straight smile you desire.
What Is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the field of dentistry that focuses on improving your bite – or occlusion. If you suffer from a malocclusion, your teeth are poorly aligned and do not fit together properly when you bite down. If you have been searching for a way to improve your alignment, consider the following types of clear braces we offer at Cornerstone Dental:
- Clear Aligner Trays: Dr. Hussong offers two systems, either Invisalign or ClearCorrect, to shift your teeth into alignment. These systems utilize clear, BPA-free plastic aligner trays that fit comfortably over your teeth. You will graduate from one set of trays to the next throughout a series of custom-crafted aligners until treatment is complete. Aligner trays are appropriate for most types of misalignment.
- Short-Term Clear Braces: Dr. Hussong provides patients with Six Month Smiles as an option for fast, effective treatment. By focusing on gently shifting your visible teeth, you can achieve a more beautiful smile within a treatment period that typically lasts six months. The system includes tooth-colored wires and clear brackets.
Choosing orthodontics to improve your smile offers both cosmetic and health-related benefits. Look over the following advantages of agreeing to one of our teeth alignment systems:
- You will enjoy improved confidence, thanks to your beautifully aligned smile
- You may feel more motivated to succeed in many aspects of your life
- Improving your alignment may also result in more effective oral hygiene, since you will be able to more easily brush and floss
- Closing gaps between teeth can reduce trapped debris
- Improved alignment may promote decreased tooth decay and gum disease as a result of improved hygiene
Is Orthodontics Appropriate For Me?
If you desire an improved bite and smile, orthodontics is appropriate for you. To decide which system is best for you, we look at the following:
- Aligner trays work for a variety of malocclusions, including overbite, underbite, openbite, crossbite, overcrowding, and spacing.
- Six Month Smiles is best suited to individuals who simply desire cosmetic improvement, rather than comprehensive alignment. This system improves the appearance of visible teeth, instead of shifting your entire bite.
A Personal Invitation
You’ll find our dental office cozy and relaxing and our team accommodating. Watch DirecTV during your appointment, and afterward, allow us to treat you to a paraffin hand dip and a warm, scented neck wrap. We will make your time at Cornerstone Dental enjoyable. For cosmetic and restorative dentistry in Polk City, Iowa, contact us today. We serve families from Alleman, Ankeny, Bondurant, Grimes, Johnston, and surrounding communities.