Few things brighten your day like your little one’s smile. Keeping your children’s teeth bright and free of disease improves overall health. At Cornerstone Dental, we provide the latest in quality children’s dentistry. Your Polk City dentist, Dr. Ryan Hussong, can improve the state of your child’s teeth and gums.
Polk City Children’s Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Your child’s first visit should be after the arrival of the initial baby tooth.
2. True or False: Children should receive a checkup once every six months.
3. True or False: Regular visits help reduce dental anxiety.
4. True or False: Your Polk City dentist may recommend dental sealants or fluoride treatments.
1. True. Within six months after the arrival of the first baby tooth, you should bring your little one to see your Polk City dentist. The first appointment typically involves little to no treatment. Instead, Dr. Hussong will examine your child to ensure the teeth are arriving properly.
2. True. The American Dental Association recommends that children over the age of three should undergo a routine checkup twice a year. A checkup allows Dr. Hussong to watch for the earliest signs of tooth decay and gingivitis. He can also check for any indicators of burgeoning dental misalignment.
3. True. Routine visits allow your child to become accustomed to visiting the dentist’s office. Over time, this eases dental anxiety and helps instill good dental habits.
4. True. To aid in the prevention of tooth decay, Dr. Hussong may prescribe your child fluoride treatments or a dental sealant. Both are minimally invasive and comfortable treatments that strengthen your child’s enamel against the bacteria and plaque that can cause dental caries.
About Dr. Ryan Hussong:
Dr. Ryan Hussong is a dedicated restorative, family, and cosmetic dentist who is passionate about helping patients create and maintain beautiful, healthy smiles. Whether your smile is in the grips of a dental disease, or if you merely wish to improve its appearance, Dr. Hussong has the experience to help you find joy in smiling again. To schedule a consultation with us, call the Cornerstone Dental office today at (515) 984-6001.